Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Late Night French Toast

Late night French Toast!
One night, not long ago, I wasn't sleeping all that well. I think I was hungry and that was part of the reason I couldn't sleep that night (after a 14 hr. fast for blood tests). I avoid late evening/night meals, usually. 

For French Toast;
1 egg combined with milk (or you can use water), beaten
2 slices wheat bread
Heat skillet on top of stove, with a small amount of olive oil. Dip bread in egg/milk mixture to cover entire piece of bread. Place in skillet. Repeat with other piece of bread.
Pan-fry both sides until brown (low to moderate heat). 
Remove to plate, add syrup, a small sprinkle of powdered sugar. I used Karo syrup and also sliced a strawberry or two to add on top.
I certainly don't want to crave this too often or late at night but it's a real treat sometimes!

Thank you for reading my blog. 

*I realize my method of cooking or choice of food is not for everyone. I share on this blog just in case someone else likes to cook easy, simple, but basically healthy food.

09162013

No comments:

Post a Comment