Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fresh Veggie Meal with Chicken

My Food Diary July 5, 2012
Fresh field peas and some of the okra were cooked in a slow cooker. I added some mixed, chopped onion and bell pepper, and a few new potatoes, too. I started the slow cooker first since this takes longer than the Nuwave Oven cooking. I don't think the Nuwave will cook stuff usually done on the stove top.

 Now for Nuwave ingredients: The chicken was frozen. I placed it on a pan with okra, bell pepper, new potatoes, onion, and a few slices banana pepper. I baked the chicken and veggies on lower rack of Nuwave Oven for 10 minutes, turned oven all of it and then added the onions and bell peppers. Baked an additional 10 minutes.

Cornbread: Mixed cornbread and placed in muffin tin that makes 6 muffins. I baked in toaster oven for about 15 minutes and then in Nuwave Oven, lower rack for 10 minutes. The reason I used toaster oven to start with is that the bread needed to bake a bit and set the top since the NuWave seems to blow the air and this often leads to uneven tops when baking. 

Just saying. LOL Below are photos of food in the Nuwave and of the peas in the slow cooker.




Left: Veggies and chicken breast in pan ready to bake in Nuwave.

Below: Field Peas, okra, potatoes,  and other items in slow cooker.
Add sliced tomatoes and/or other veggies you may have and serve.
 

* My method of cooking or ingredients may not be suitable for everyone. I'm eating healthier than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment