Friday, August 31, 2012

My Thoughts on Clint Eastwood speech at RNC

First of all, I do not vote "party". I listen to what everyone says and watch what they do or have done. Then, I vote for a candidate that best represents what I believe--as we should do--in my opinion.

I think the unique approach that Clint Eastwood used at the RNC was effective. Many people need laughter these days and he provided that. We need issues that are important brought out and to me he provided that. You didn't really expect him to "glorify" the democrats at the RNC, now did you. I'm sure the democrats won't "glorify" the republicans at their convention either.

I think Clint Eastwood could have "seated" almost any politician in the chair and made almost the same speech, especially some parts of it. That's just a part of "politics", like it or not. It can be downright ugly. I don't like negative campaigns by any candidates but it's not going to be compliments to the opposition, etc. Clint Eastwood managed to bring humor to what is inevitable in a political campaign. I have to give him credit for that. 

I am proud to be an American. I am glad we have the freedom to choose. I am glad all candidates have the chance to be heard.  I am glad we can vote and I don't mind providing ID when I do.

Thanks for viewing my blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment