Saturday, August 25, 2012

Busy As You Want To Be

"I'm busy"--LOL Seriously, I believe this cliché is exactly that--overused, when convenient, especially. Yes, people are busy and there are more "time-saving" inventions that help save time to fill up with being busier.

Yes, sometimes we need to say no, we need to actually rest. However, we also need to be honest with our selves and perhaps do an inner inventory of when and why we automatically say, "I'm busy". 

 Do you really think other people are so stupid that they do not know that what you are actually saying is, "I'm busy, by choice, on what I want to do, when I want to do it, with whom I want to do it, and that is not you." 

 The reason this bothers me so much is that the elderly or sick people are not demanding something that's unrealistic.  (of course their true needs are determined by their circumstances--some need more help than others)--and would appreciate visits, phone calls, to be heard, etc.. All too often, all they hear is, "I'm busy." and that is not a short-term answer. I think this is a disgrace.

*I am an advocate for elderly concerns. I helped various people along the way and noticed how family and friends  interacted with the elderly or the sick person at home, in a hospital, or in a nursing home. I am not specifically talking about one or two cases--I noticed this with people I was not specifically connected with, too. I also, to be better informed, researched this problem. Yes, we are all entitled to life, to work, to have friends, etc.--but--I am very concerned with the lack of compassion or empathy--by the very people that "expected" things from the very people they now neglect (sometimes very proudly, I must say)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment