Monday, March 17, 2014

Amazing Healthy Veggie Rice

Healthy, Healthy Veggie Rice


Amazingly Healthy Rice

As you know, I try to pack nutrition into simple meals. Today was no exception.

For the rice:

In rice cooker, add

1 cup dry rice

1 1/4 to 1/2 cup orange juice

1 cup water

1/2 T. coconut oil

1 t. curry powder

Then add items below to a FOOD PROCESSOR
1/2 head cauliflower, washed
1/2 yellow squash, washed

1/4 onion

1/2 bunch kale, washed

Chop to consistency desired but I finely chopped the mixture

Add this to the rice cooker and cook WITH the rice, juice, water mixture. When done, add seasonings of your choice. Thank you for reading My Food Diary. I do this blog to keep up with what I eat, for medical purposes--my choice.
I used the slow cooker to cook the chicken breast. Added frozen chicken breast, a couple slices of onion, and a little water. I just prefer adding a little water or broth.

Serving of canned beets, plain with nothing added, except black pepper. I wanted about 4 Ritz Crackers instead of bread, so I added those to the plate. LOL
I can tell you that this meal is delicious and packed with nutrition.

*My choice of food or method of preparation may not be suitable for everyone.

03172014

No comments:

Post a Comment