Friday, March 21, 2014


HEALTHY, HEALTHY, HEALTHY

And DELICIOUS, too!

Someone "shared" some delicious veggies with me and I have experimented with cooking "new to me" dishes. Some of this I wouldn't find in the grocery store that I shop in or it would just flat be too expensive to buy. Also, this was my first time to even hear of some of it so without the share package---I probably wouldn't have "tried" it, simply because I didn't know what it was. LOL

I posted a meal on my blog on March 17, 2014, telling how I prepared the veggies. Today, I did this:

I placed 2 (frozen) fish fillets and the asparagus in a medium sized, oblong, baking dish.  I added a very small amount of olive oil. Just about 1 teaspoon or so. I usually only spay the dish but I wanted enough today to  LIGHTLY coat the asparagus and fish.  I placed saran wrap over the dish and punched about 4 times with a fork (to vent steam). Placed in microwave and cooked at 2 minute intervals testing each time to see if fish was flaky and if asparagus was done. I'd never done asparagus in the microwave before so I wanted to be SURE it wasn't overcooking.

I had the ingredients already chopped in food processor for the rice dish I blogged on the 17th. I chopped enough that day to have leftover, chopped veggies that I could have left for this raw salad. You will want to look at that blog
http://lilme2day-justsaying.blogspot.com/2014/03/amazing-healthy-veggie-rice.html   to see all the absolutely wonderful veggies in this mixture. It made it nice to have the cooked veggie/rice mixture one time and then the raw veggie mixture another meal.

I used part of a sliced Roma tomato as a finishing touch. 

For the sauce/dressing:

1 T. olive oil

1 t. spicy mustard

1T. lemon juice

ground black pepper and other seasonings of choice

small dab of red pepper

Mix and add to food, as a topping. 

Amazingly good, amazingly nutritious!

*I realize my choice of food or method of preparation may not be suitable for everyone.  I sure am glad I tried some new, healthy foods! Thank you for viewing my Food Diary, done for medical purposes, my choice.

03212014


 

No comments:

Post a Comment